Saturday, June 23, 2007
I'M NOT REALLY IMPRESSED
June 23, 2007
I got to Abilene Thursday afternoon after a detour of my original route going through downtown D/FW Thursday morning. Everything was going fine until I came upon about a four mile backup, due to a semi that had hit a wall on I-30 in downtown Dallas that was jacknifed and had two lanes closed, so after creeping along for about an hour and making very little progress, I made my way off of I-30 at an exit and went back to the bypass and continued on my trip west using I-20 until I came to US 180 where I got off and continued my extended journey off of the Interstate to Abilene. Buddy had heard that there were a couple of hot poodles in Wetherford, but he couldn't locate them so we continued on west.
We finally got to Abeline and I checked into the KAO which had a Presidents Award sign displayed on the outside of the office, but after not being able to log on to the WI-Fi because of a weak signal and finding the roads full of pot holes, I wasn't too impressed and wondered who the President was when they got that award, could it have been Calvin Coolidge? The excuse that was given for the weak signal was someone else must have been using their WI-Fi setup and that would cancel the KOA Wi-Fi out, plus this area is not a digital coverage area for the cel phone so I cannot use my Verizon Mobile office here either, so I'm using my brothers PC here at his home in Abilene.
I will leave here on Monday morning and head to Amarillo for Monday night and maybe I will be able to meet up with Jack and Liz Pierce, some Wanderlodge Forum friends up there, we will have to see how it all works out.
I got to Abilene Thursday afternoon after a detour of my original route going through downtown D/FW Thursday morning. Everything was going fine until I came upon about a four mile backup, due to a semi that had hit a wall on I-30 in downtown Dallas that was jacknifed and had two lanes closed, so after creeping along for about an hour and making very little progress, I made my way off of I-30 at an exit and went back to the bypass and continued on my trip west using I-20 until I came to US 180 where I got off and continued my extended journey off of the Interstate to Abilene. Buddy had heard that there were a couple of hot poodles in Wetherford, but he couldn't locate them so we continued on west.
We finally got to Abeline and I checked into the KAO which had a Presidents Award sign displayed on the outside of the office, but after not being able to log on to the WI-Fi because of a weak signal and finding the roads full of pot holes, I wasn't too impressed and wondered who the President was when they got that award, could it have been Calvin Coolidge? The excuse that was given for the weak signal was someone else must have been using their WI-Fi setup and that would cancel the KOA Wi-Fi out, plus this area is not a digital coverage area for the cel phone so I cannot use my Verizon Mobile office here either, so I'm using my brothers PC here at his home in Abilene.
I will leave here on Monday morning and head to Amarillo for Monday night and maybe I will be able to meet up with Jack and Liz Pierce, some Wanderlodge Forum friends up there, we will have to see how it all works out.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
