Saturday, June 02, 2007

 

JUST A FEW MORE THINGS TO DO

I'm almost done with my list of things to do before heading out, one of which is adding a winch to help in opening and closing the rear loading ramp door for the VW convertible on the enclosed trailer. In the past I have always just lifted the door a few feet and then the assist spring has taken over in closing the door, but lifting the ramp door that few feet has been getting more difficult the past year and has caused a lot of pain and discomfort in my back and shoulders for a few days after doing that job, so I have added a small 1000# Superwinch to the door to do all of that lifting now. I had to figure out how to mount it above the door and with enough bracing so that it wouldn't put a big strain on the trailer when it was in use and so far so good. I have it mounted and I have tested it using a 10 amp battery charger for the 12 volt power source and it works great, hopefully today I will get it wired into the onboard 12 volt deep cycle battery that now powers the inverter that supplies power for the fluorescent ceiling lights.

Labels:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]