Thursday, June 21, 2007
MORE TIRE PROBLEMS
June 21, 2007
Yesterday morning I awoke to the sounds of my weather radio alerting me to a strong possibility of severe storms that were just a little distance northwest of here, but it was still very calm here at the campground, so I fed Buddy and took him for a walk. It was still dark outside, so I could see the lightening way off in the distance, but the storm never did reach my location, but this morning it was raining out side when I woke up.
Yesterday morning I also found a tire on the ‘Bird that had a separation on the sidewall, so I got on the Internet and went to the Yokohama web site and located a dealer located in Dallas and gave them a call to see if they had a tire like mine, so that I could possibly get some credit under warranty on the bad one. They had one in stock, so I called Good Sam RV Club Road Service and they set up the service call and withing an hour I had a new tire on the ‘Bird and Good Sam picked up the service call and labor to change out the tire for $89.00 all I had to do was pay the $389.00 bill for the new tire, now I will await Yokohama’s decision on wether they will warranty the old one and give me some credit for it. I was surprised that what showed of the separation on the outside of the tire was only a third of the damage to the inside of the tire, I was very lucky that it did not blowout , but it was still holding the 100# of air pressure that I had put into it, so the tire monitors of course did not alarm. I will be keeping a closer look on these tires from now on. There is a photo of the outside of the tire on the trip album.
I’ve had an enjoyable stay here at Plantation Place RV park in Sunnyvale, TX just on the east side of Dallas, TX.
Last night I had a great time visiting with my nephew Kevin, his wife Melinda and daughter Delanie, it was good to see them again. I will leave here later today and head further west to spend some time with his Mom and Dad in Abilene, TX before heading north to Montana.
I'm going to go through the center of town on I-30, as that is the way that Kevin goes when he heads west, it will be around 10am so the worst of the traffic should be over with. When I get to Weatherford I will take the backroads west from there staying off of the Interstate.
Yesterday morning I awoke to the sounds of my weather radio alerting me to a strong possibility of severe storms that were just a little distance northwest of here, but it was still very calm here at the campground, so I fed Buddy and took him for a walk. It was still dark outside, so I could see the lightening way off in the distance, but the storm never did reach my location, but this morning it was raining out side when I woke up.
Yesterday morning I also found a tire on the ‘Bird that had a separation on the sidewall, so I got on the Internet and went to the Yokohama web site and located a dealer located in Dallas and gave them a call to see if they had a tire like mine, so that I could possibly get some credit under warranty on the bad one. They had one in stock, so I called Good Sam RV Club Road Service and they set up the service call and withing an hour I had a new tire on the ‘Bird and Good Sam picked up the service call and labor to change out the tire for $89.00 all I had to do was pay the $389.00 bill for the new tire, now I will await Yokohama’s decision on wether they will warranty the old one and give me some credit for it. I was surprised that what showed of the separation on the outside of the tire was only a third of the damage to the inside of the tire, I was very lucky that it did not blowout , but it was still holding the 100# of air pressure that I had put into it, so the tire monitors of course did not alarm. I will be keeping a closer look on these tires from now on. There is a photo of the outside of the tire on the trip album.
I’ve had an enjoyable stay here at Plantation Place RV park in Sunnyvale, TX just on the east side of Dallas, TX.
Last night I had a great time visiting with my nephew Kevin, his wife Melinda and daughter Delanie, it was good to see them again. I will leave here later today and head further west to spend some time with his Mom and Dad in Abilene, TX before heading north to Montana.
I'm going to go through the center of town on I-30, as that is the way that Kevin goes when he heads west, it will be around 10am so the worst of the traffic should be over with. When I get to Weatherford I will take the backroads west from there staying off of the Interstate.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
