Tuesday, July 10, 2007

 

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL RIDE

I met up with Sandy, Karen, John and Chad for a ride down to Yellowstone national Park, located about 60 miles south of Livingston. It was a beautiful day for the ride down there, I got to use my Golden Access Pass, for a free pass into the park and we headed down to Old Faithful another 50 miles into the Park. While going through Mammoth Springs we saw a deer moose wandering across the lawn in front of the post office, this would be a preview of some of the wildlife that we would see on our ride.

I wish that on rides like this that there was a camera that you could add to your eyes, so that it would take just an instant to take a picture of what you are seeing at that moment, as there are just too many beautiful things that you see on a ride like this. We passed magnificent peaks, lush green meadows that ran next to fast running streams and those impressive waterfalls, then there are the animals off in the distance, just relaxing in the grass, the small gizers and steaming springs, almost a sensory overload of things to see, but since we were starving by the time we got to the park, we wanted to get to Old Faithful, so we could have some lunch, as that was the closest food, so we kept on riding and enjoying the scenery.

We finally got to Old Faithful and found the places to eat, one of them the rest of the group for my benefit was calling it the Old Geezer Café, it was really called the Gizer café I believe, but my being the senior citizen of the group, I took the light hearted ribbing, because I manage to get in a few zingers of my own. We planned on eating some lunch and then wandering across the street to watch Old Faithful erupt, but after we had just sat down to eat, we found out that it would erupt in about ten minutes and we had just started to eat, so Chad who was the only one that had never seen it, decided to eat quickly and rushed over to watch it go up, he arrived just in time with only a couple of minutes to spare. We finished our meal and did some shopping in the gift shop and then headed back stopping along the way to take some photos and then after a stop for gas outside of the park we headed back to Livingston. It was about 220 miles round trip fro the ride, so I was getting pretty tired by the time that I got back, I just can’t ride as far as I used to years ago, but I still enjoy doing it, there is In my opinion, no better way to view the scenery of this country, but from the seat of a motorcycle.
To my surprise when I arrived back at the fairgrounds I had found that Chris and Mike Hohnstein had let Buddy out for a walk and had spent time with both he and Cally, so they had a good time also. Mike had gotten his parts and had done the repairs, but was still waiting for another UPS package to come later today before they head back to Wisconsin, I will get to see them again when we get to Wisconsin for the Oshkosh EAA Air show/Bluebird Rally at the end of the month. Later this morning John and Chad will head back to their homes in North Dakota, while Sandy. Karen and I take another ride here in the Livingston area.

I will add more photos to the web site, when I get to the next Wi-Fi spot, as they will be quicker to down load that way, as right now I'm using my cel phone to access the Internet and it is as slow or slower than regular dialup.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]