Tuesday, July 03, 2007

 

SOME IMPROVEMENT BUT NOT MUCH

On my way up here to Bar Nunn, Wyoming yesterday, as I passed the Frontier Days Arena in Cheyenne, I reflected back to I think that it was either 1954, or 1955 when my Mom and Dad took us to California to visit my brother at Parks AFB, we stopped in Cheyenne during Frontier days and I got to see my first rodeo parade, I can still remember that red cowboy hat that I got, I was in style back then.

The trip up here was as I expected about the same as the trip from Limon to Cheyenne, 60-65 mph with a few 35-40 mph hills to climb, but not as much traffic to deal with. The modification that I made to the radiator mister jet nozzles by aiming them across the front of the radiator rather than at it and moving one set to the bottom seemed to improve the results with more of a drop in temperature than before. I still think that adding two more sets of jets would improve things, but actually so far if I remember to turn on the fan override switch at the bottom of the long hill the temperature will be a little lower by the time that I top the hill, I still haven’t gotten into a overheating situation, with ambient temperatures in the 90's.

I finally heard from Sandy Gee, he and Karen are at John Fords place in North Dakota, where they will ride from with John and Rickie over to Montana at the end of this week to so we can make our rides together.

If anybody else is coming up this way, a word of advice, if you need to fuel try to avoid the Flying J in Casper as it is very cramped and if you want to pay by VISA card you cannot use the RV pump over in the truck island, they have a screwy policy about that, you can only use a VISA at the auto pumps...go figure that one, I have never encountered that at a Flying J before, plus this Flying J has'nt changed its extremely cramped configuration since I used to fuel at it when it was a HUSKY truck stop back in the 70's. I ended up not fueling the ‘Bird there, but I will top off the tank in Billings, Mont.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]